The Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is tasked by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Vehicle Technology Program (VTP) to collect electric drive vehicle and charging infrastructure data for several deployment projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). These projects include charging infrastructure deployments, grid-connected electric drive vehicle deployments, and deployments with both vehicles and charging infrastructure. As the projects are deployed and sufficient quantities of data are collected, project fact sheets will be posted on this site that document deployment numbers and technology performance.
The information posted on these webpages is being generated from the largest ever deployment of grid-connected battery electric vehicles (BEVs), extended range electric vehicles (EREVs), plug-in electric drive vehicles, and charging infrastructure. It will be reported to the DOE-VTP, project participants, and the general public. The information will also be used to help DOE plan for the successful future deployment of additional grid-connected electric drive vehicles and charging infrastructure. Increasing the use of electricity as a transportation fuel supports the DOE goals of reducing the United States' dependency on foreign petroleum and enhances the overall security of the United States.
Chrysler Ram PHEV Pickups
Chrysler Group LLC., with ARRA funding support from DOE, is deploying Chrysler Ram PHEV Pickups in various locations throughout the United States for testing and demonstration purposes. In support of the Ram PHEV Pickup testing and demonstration activity, the INL is tasked by DOE to collect data from the 140 Ram PHEVs Pickups and produce testing reports fact sheets, which can be found below. Please note that the July 2011 report only includes the initial deployment of 10 vehicles.
- Summary Results to Date (9/12) (PDF 283KB)
- Monthly Summary Results for April 2012 (PDF 283KB)
- Monthly Summary Results for May 2012 (PDF 232KB)
- Monthly Summary Results for July 2012 (PDF 282KB)
- Monthly Summary Results for August 2012 (PDF 282KB)
- Monthly Summary Results for September 2012 (PDF 279KB)
- July - September 2011 (PDF 282KB)
- October - December 2011 (PDF 282KB)
- January - March 2012 (PDF 283KB)
- April - June 2012 (PDF 283KB)
- July - September 2012 (PDF 283KB)
- Chrysler RAM PHEV Fleet Locations Map through September 2012 (PDF 1.5MB)
Other Information or Reports
- Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity - Plug-in Electric Vehicle Demonstration Results (Thus Far) (Slides) - February 2012 (PDF 6.2MB)
Some of the above documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs (Download Acrobat Reader).