The Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is tasked by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Vehicle Technology Program (VTP) to collect electric drive vehicle and charging infrastructure data for several deployment projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). These projects include charging infrastructure deployments, grid-connected electric drive vehicle deployments, and deployments with both vehicles and charging infrastructure. As the projects are deployed and sufficient quantities of data are collected, project fact sheets will be posted on this site that document deployment numbers and technology performance.
The information posted on these webpages is being generated from the largest ever deployment of grid-connected battery electric vehicles (BEVs), extended range electric vehicles (EREVs), plug-in electric drive vehicles, and charging infrastructure. It will be reported to the DOE-VTP, project participants, and the general public. The information will also be used to help DOE plan for the successful future deployment of additional grid-connected electric drive vehicles and charging infrastructure. Increasing the use of electricity as a transportation fuel supports the DOE goals of reducing the United States' dependency on foreign petroleum and enhances the overall security of the United States.
ChargePoint America Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
ChargePoint America is a program sponsored by Coulomb Technologies, with ARRA funding support from DOE, to deploy 4,600 public and home ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations in various locations throughout the United States. The INL is tasked by DOE to collect data from the charging stations and produce testing reports fact sheets, which can be found below.
- Initial Summary Results May - August 2011 (PDF 129KB)
- Summary Results May - December 2011 (PDF 129KB)
- 1st Quarter 2012 Charging Infrastructure Summary Report (PDF 1.2MB)
- 2nd Quarter 2012 Charging Infrastructure Summary Report (PDF 1.6MB)
- 3rd Quarter 2012 Charging Infrastructure Summary Report (PDF 1.6MB)
- 4th Quarter 2012 Charging Infrastructure Summary Report (PDF 3.0MB)
- 1st Quarter 2013 Charging Infrastructure Summary Report (PDF 3.1MB)
- ChargePoint America Charging Units By Type Map (PDF 3.5MB)
Other Information or Reports
- Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity - Plug-in Electric Vehicle Demonstration Results (Thus Far) (Slides) - February 2012 (PDF 6.2MB)
Some of the above documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs (Download Acrobat Reader).